Thursday, February 12, 2009

the SITE

trans-country : trans-ocean

In my translation, the notion of the transmigrational space is that it allows itself to be mobile and transient in nature. As a preliminary strategy in extracting the parameters of the site as well as the characteristics that will inform the nature of my design, I am looking at the routes of the train lines as a possible site for my project.

At present, the train tracks, globally has predetermined routes but I wish not for that to constrain the design process. I wish to study these routes as well as rethinking the functions and capacity of this mode of transportation system that goes back to late 1800s.

I am developing my own route based on the mode of train travel as the site for my project. This is a prefatory phase at mapping the existing routes of the global train network, as well as thinking about cross-ocean travel as the train routes are limited to land use. I envision the project to be an extensive global system that in principle, look at the transformation of inexpensive traveling methods as well as finding solutions in recycable energy.

SITE PATH:

existing global train route



cross-ocean route

No comments:

Post a Comment